You are here
Work Zone Safety Grants
Laborer’s Health & Safety Fund of North America/American Road and Transportation Builders Association
Some documents are made available in PDF format. You will need Adobe Reader to view them.
The Consortium was awarded a four-year grant from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) to perform the following tasks: Highway Work Zone Worker Safety Training; The Highway Work Zone Safety Guidelines Development; and Highway Work Zone Safety Guidelines Training.
Roadway Safety Awareness Program on CD
Provides an overview of common hazards in highway and road construction and simple prevention measures. The program contents are available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Download the program
The U.S. Federal Highway Administration has made funding available to several organizations enabling them to provide free or reduced cost safety training to both public and private sector members of the roadway construction industry. The course listed below is available free to the public. Details about course content and registration can be found on the link below.
Work Zone Guidance Documents
- Automated Speed Enforcement in Work Zones
- Guidance: Hazard Communications and the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling
- Guidance: Use of Work Zone Clear Zones, Buffer Spaces, and Positive Protection Deflection Distances
- Guidelines on Ensuring Positive Guidance in Work Zones
- Guidelines on Improving Work Zone Safety Through Public Information and Traveler Information
- Guidelines on Managing Speeds in Work Zones
- Guidelines on Motorcycle and Bicycle Work Zone Safety
- Guidelines on Payment for Temporary Traffic Control
- Guidelines on Use of Exposure Control Measures
- Guidelines on Use of Law Enforcement in Work Zones
- Guidelines on Work Zone Access and Egress
- Strategies on Improving Worker Safety in Work Zones
- Temporary Traffic Control (TTC) Tool Kit
LHSFNA Consortium Work Zone Safety Grants Newsletter
Last modified: 10/7/2014