You are here
Best Practices in Work Zone Safety at LōTRANS 2012: Local Transportation Asset Management Virtual Conference & Innovation Showcase
September 18-20, 2012 at your desktop
On September 18-20 at your desktop or laptop, the Clearinghouse hosted the comprehensive "Best Practices in Work Zone Safety" at the Local Transportation Asset Management Virtual Conference & Innovation Showcase, or LoTrans™ 2012.
Top industry firms exhibited their products and services, and the following industry leaders presented on these topics:
Roadway Safety+ Series
- Don Elisburg, consultant: "Overview of Roadway Safety"
- Melisa Finley, Texas Transportation Institute associate research engineer: "Speed Management in Work Zones"
- Emmett Russell, IUOE safety and health director (retired): "Preventing Runovers & Backovers"
- Travis Parsons, LHSFNA senior safety and health specialist: "Work Zone Safety: Motorcyclists & Bicyclists"
- Omar Lopez, ARTBA safety and Spanish training specialist: "Occupational Hazards" (Spanish)
- Dave Fosbroke, NIOSH statistician: "Internal Traffic Control Plans"
- Tim Gardner, manager, regulatory affairs, performance safety materials, 3M Occupational Health & Environmental Safety Division: "The Art of Conspicuity"
- T. Bella Dinh-Zarr, FIA Foundation safety director: "Decade of Action for Roadway Safety"
- Bob Johnson, Granite Construction Company director of safety: "Best Contractor Safety Practices"
- Bud Wright, Barrier Systems transportation policy consultant: "Why Investment in Safety Pays Back"
- Jim Keaton, Barrier Systems vice president of sales and marketing: "Moveable Barrier in Work Zones"
- Eric Hedman, marketing operations manager, 3M Traffic Safety Systems Division: "Sign Management Strategies"
- Kelly Hardy, AASHTO highway safety program manager: "Towards Zero Deaths"
- Tracy Scriba, work zone program manager, FHWA Office of Operations and Paul Pisano, work zone team leader, FHWA Office of Operations: "Work Zone Safety—The Federal Government's Perspective"
- Speaker Roster & Presentations Taking Shape for “Best Practices in Work Zone Safety” Virtual Conference
- Work Zone Clearinghouse to Host First-of-its-Kind Virtual Conference