Protecting the safety of construction and maintenance workers and motorists on roadways is a top priority. Moveable barriers provide a highly mobile work zone that can be configured for right or left hand work with 42’-102’ of positive barrier protection. Modular, efficient and self-contained, with onboard power, lighting, and storage.
Please see below for resources available.
Guidelines and Drawings
- Portable Positive Protection: A Guide for Short Duration and Short Term Work Zones
- Guidelines for the Use of Positive Protection in Work Zones
- Portable Positive Protection: Developmental Progression of “Highly Mobile Barriers”
- MBT-1 Application
Research and Analysis
- Cost-Benefit Analysis & Justification Mobile Barriers MBT-1
- A cost-benefit analysis of the Balsi Beam crash protection system
- Deployment and Evaluation of Mobile Barrier in the Colorado DOT Research Branch
- Maintenance Operations: Do Road User Costs Really Matter (See Page 54 of 74)