FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 4, 2012
(WASHINGTON)–The nation’s first virtual conference on “Best Practices in Work Zone Safety,” scheduled September 18-20 at your desktop or laptop computer, is building an impressive roster of distinguished speakers who will deliver presentations on key issues. Among them:
Roadway Safety+ Series:
- Don Elisburg, consultant: “Overview of Roadway Safety”
- Melisa Finley, Texas Transportation Institute associate research engineer: “Speed
- Management in Work Zones”
- Emmett Russell, former IUOE safety and health director: “Preventing Runovers & Backovers”
- Travis Parsons, LHSFNA senior safety and health specialist: “Work Zone Safety: Motorcyclists & Bicyclists”
- Omar Lopez, ARTBA safety and Spanish training specialist: “Occupational Hazards” (Spanish)
- Dave Fosbroke, NIOSH statistician: “Internal Traffic Control Plans”
- Tim Gardner, manager, regulatory affairs, performance safety materials, 3M Occupational Health & Environmental Safety Division: “The Art of Conspicuity”
- T. Bella Dinh-Zarr, FIA Foundation safety director: “Decade of Action for Roadway Safety”
- Bob Johnson, Granite Construction Co. director of safety: “Best Contractor Safety Practices”
- Bud Wright, Barrier Systems transportation policy consultant: “Why Investment in Safety Pays Back”
- Jim Keaton, Barrier Systems vice president of sales and marketing: “Moveable Barriers in Work Zones”
- Eric Hedman, marketing operations manager, 3M Traffic Safety Systems Division: “Sign Management Strategies”
- Kelly Hardy, AASHTO highway safety program manager: “Towards Zero Deaths”
- Tracy Scriba, FHWA Office of Operations work zone program manager, and Paul Pisano, FHWA Office of Operations work zone team leader: “Work Zone Safety–The Federal Government’s Perspective”
The “Best Practices in Work Zone Safety” is one of the featured educational components of the “Local Transportation Asset Management Virtual Conference & Innovation Showcase,” or LÅTransâ„¢ 2012, which is being hosted by the ARTBA Foundation’s National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse (NWZSIC).
Leading industry firms will also be displaying their products and services through virtual exhibit booths.
Free registration is available now at: www.lotransvirtualconference.org or www.workzonesafety.org
The NWZSIC is the world’s largest online safety information resource. Opened in 1998, the facility has 10,000 subscribers and handles more than 200,000 information requests annually.