This page includes links to research on backover prevention and on highway work zone safety.
- NIOSH Publication: Preventing Worker Injuries and Deaths from Backing Construction Vehicles and Equipment at Roadway Construction Worksites
- Michigan Fatality Assessment & Control Evaluation: HAZARD ALERT #11: Prevention Through Comprehensive Research and Investigation
- NIOSH Publication: Recommendations for Evaluating & Implementing Proximity Warning Systems on Surface Mining Equipment
- NIOSH Publication: Building Safer Highway Work Zones: Measures to Prevent Worker Injuries from Vehicles and Equipment
- Health and Safety Executive Publication: The Safe Use of Vehicles on Construction Sites: A Guide for Clients, Designers, Contractors, Managers and Workers Involved with Construction Transport
- IRSST Publication: Safety of Workers Behind Heavy Vehicles: Assessment of Three Types of Reverse Alarm