You are here
Information for News Media
The National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse is perhaps the world’s largest online resource on roadway construction safety. Since 1998, the clearinghouse has provided assistance to more than 500,000 users from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and 27 countries around the world. This page is intended to provide a brief overview of what we have on this web site that might serve the need of the media.
About the Clearinghouse - Includes information on mission and history of the clearinghouse. A clearinghouse brochure is also available.
News Releases - Includes work zone related news releases that are issued by the clearinghouse and other agencies.
The following are the news releases that announced the awards received by the clearinghouse.
- 08/19/08 - IRF Announces Winners of 2008 GRAA Competition
- 02/18/02 - ARTBA's Roadway Construction Zone Safety Program Receives National Award
- 06/15/01 - ARTBA-Managed Work Zone Safety Facility Receives International Award
- 03/07/00 - ARTBA Wins National Award for Work Zone Safety Project
- 11/08/99 - ASAE Recognizes Efforts to Promote Work Zone Safety Facility
Laws & Regulations - Includes federal and state laws that are related to work zones.
Crash Data - Includes data on work zone fatalites from 1982 on.
National Work Zone Awareness Week - A national event, held annually in the second week of April, dedicated to promote safety in work zones.
For more information, please contact us.