The National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse will present a two-hour virtual event from 2 to 4 p.m. Eastern, Thursday, Sept. 17.
Topics include “Connected Work Zones” and “Commercial Motor Vehicle Crashes in Work Zones.”
This event is part of the biennial Work Zone Traffic Management and Safety Conference, which was postponed until March 15-17, 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Watch for more information about next year’s in-person conference.
Register for the virtual event now
Please contact ARTBA Senior Vice President of Safety & Education Brad Sant with any questions or for information about sponsorship opportunities.
National Work Zone Traffic Management and Safety Conference
Thursday, September 17
2:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT
2:00 p.m. EDT
Connected Work Zones
- Dan Sprengeler, Iowa DOT – Developing and Implementing a Connected Arrow Board Specification in Iowa
- Skylar Knickerbocker, Institute for Transportation, Iowa State University – Mapping Connected Work Zone Data to the 511 System in Iowa
- Jim Conroy, DBi Services – Private-Sector Utilization of Connected Work Zone Technology
- Jerry Ullman, TTI: Overview of ARTBA Consortium Synthesis of Research Related to the Use and Implementation of Advanced Technology to Improve Work Zone Management
3:00 p.m. EDT
Commercial Motor Vehicle Crashes in Work Zones
- Melisa Finley, TTI: CMV Crashes in Work Zones and Ongoing Activities
- Jerry Ullman, TTI: Overview of Consortium Large Truck Technical Advice Documents