The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) recognizes Flagger certification cards when taught using ITD approved courses by ITD approved instructors. Currently, ITD has approved the Flagger training courses from the Evergreen Safety Council (ESC) and ATSSA. The following institutions are approved by ITD to teach Flagger courses and provide certification:
- College of Western Idaho, Center for Workforce Development
- Treasure Valley Community College, Caldwell campus
- Idaho Technology Transfer (T2) Center (Government Agencies Only)
- College of Southern Idaho
- Idaho State University
- Lewis—Clark State College
- North Idaho College
- Eastern Idaho Technical College
ITD participates in a multi-state Flagger Reciprocity Agreement with the State Departments of Transportation (DOT’s) of Washington, Oregon, and Montana, and a separate Flagger Reciprocity agreement between ITD and the Utah DOT. Flagger certifications from courses approved by these state DOT’s allows flaggers certified in those states to cross state lines for employment and work in Idaho.
For more information, visit the website below.