The program provides an introduction to utility work zone operations and presents recommendations for several important aspects of safety related to utility work, including the establishment of a safety culture in the organization; the use of uniform and consistent traffic control devices and systems; and the development of a set of typical temporary traffic control plans (TTCP) that are appropriate for specific types of work sites.
Management and Safety Officials Module:
– Why follow the Guidelines?
– Utility Work Zone Traffic Control and Safety/Positive Guidance/Driver Expectancy
– Agency-Wide Safety Culture–What? Why? How?
– Training, Knowledge Retention and Retraining Issues
Utility Workers, Foreman and Supervisor Module:
– Recommended Traffic Control Devices and Why?
– Suggested Traffic Control Plans / Pedestrian Issues
– How Do You Select a Proper Traffic Control Plan?
– Case Study – In Class Exercises
– Demonstration of Software Program
Utility field personnel and supervisors responsible for temporary traffic control.
Electronic files only
Publication Date: 2009
Full Text URL: Link to URL
Presentations are also available.
Phone: (313) 577-9154
Email: [email protected]
Topics: Temporary Traffic Control; Traffic Control Plans; Utility Operations