This booklet introduces the concept of performance measures and performance data collection for work zone safety. It defines performance measures, discusses reasons for using performance measures for work zone safety, provides a process and test for developing good performance measures, provides sample performance measures, discusses defining how and when to measure performance and what to do with the resulting data, and provides real-world lessons learned. The audiences for this fact sheet are planners, designers, construction engineers, and inspectors.
– What are performance measures?
– Why use performance measures for work zone safety?
– How do I develop performance measures?
– What makes a good performance goal?
– Sample performance measures?
– When and how do I measure performance?
– What do I do with the data and results?
– Where can I go for more information
– Types of data
– Data collection techniques
– Lessons learned
The audiences for this guidance booklet are managers, planners, designers, construction engineers, traffic engineers, and inspectors.
8 1/2 x 11 print paper document
Publication Date: 2010
Full Text URL: Link to URL
For a hard copy, contact ATSSA, 540-368-1701, [email protected].
Topics: Data Collection; Performance Measurement; Work Zone Safety