FHWA is offering opportunities to host and/or participate in field demonstrations regarding SWZ Technology Application deployments across the country.
For opportunities to participate in or host an SWZ technology application site visit please contact the FHWA Work Zone Team!
SWZ Technology Application Demonstration Site Locations:
- Colorado – Autonomous Truck-Mounted Attenuator Technology (September 2017)
- Kansas City & Council Bluffs – Dynamic Lane Merge and Rural Zipper Merge Technology (August 2016)
- Maryland – Automated Speed Enforcement and Project Coordination Technology (December 2016)
- Texas – End of Queue and Real-Time Traveler Information Technology (May 2017)
- Texas – I-35 Connected Work Zone Workshop (March 2018)
- Texas – North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) Positive Protection Device Site Visit (September 2019)
- Utah – Variable Speed Limit Technology (June 2017)
- Wisconsin – Dynamic Lane Merge and Queue Warning Technology (July 2016)