Some documents are made available in PDF format. You will need Adobe Reader to view them.
A variety of training resources are available, including webinars, in-person and web-based training, and presentations to assist agencies in developing and implementing smarter work zone innovations in the area of Technology Applications.
- Smarter Work Zones Webinar Series
- A Comprehensive Overview of the SWZ Initiative, September 9, 2015.
- Smarter Work Zones and the Work Zone ITS Implementation Guide, September 29, 2015.
- Technology Application Showcase: Queue Warning Systems, October 26, 2015.
- Technology Application Case Studies: Variable Speed Limit and Dynamic Lane Merge, November 12, 2015.
- Integrating Project Coordination & Technology Applications — Iowa DOT, December 15, 2015.
- Integrating Technology Applications — Massachusetts DOT, April 26, 2016
- Implementing Work Zone ITS Applications: Procurement, May 11, 2016
- Leveraging Traffic Management Center (TMC) Resources for Work Zone Management, June 16, 2016
- Work Zone Impacts and Strategies Estimator (WISE) Software and Pilot Sites, October 11, 2016
- More webinars coming soon!
- Work Zone Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Improving Traffic Safety and Mobility Using DSRC-Based V2V Communication