Real-time traveler information systems are designed to provide drivers with current travel condition information prior to and within a work zone, and may also provide this on alternative routes in the corridor. One of the main goals of this application is to encourage diversion away from the work zone when congestion exists.
- Application guidelines by MnDOT
- Evaluation of a deployment in California
- Bid specification of a system in Arkansas that included highway advisory radio
- Special specification for a work zone travel time system in Michigan
- Bid specification for real-time traffic management system for work zones for Callahan Tunnel project in Boston, MA
- Example of a construction traveler information system website in Texas