The ARTBA Work Zone Safety Consortium Online Learning System was created to provide free training and education to the transportation construction community. The consortium, funded by an FHWA grant, brought together leaders in government, labor and industry to determine the future in training transportation industry workers.
Individuals can take the courses to improve their knowledge and understanding in specific construction environments and trainers can utilize this system to track the progress of individual students. Users will be awarded a certificate upon successful completion of a course.
Here is a full list of all the consortium courses and links to directly enroll:
- Applying the Americans with Disabilities Act to Work Zones
- Fall Training Programs
- Improving Large Truck Safety in Work Zones
- Portable Changeable Message Signs
- Reducing Risks to Motorcycles in Texas Work Zones
- Speed Management
- Temporary Traffic Control Devices
- Work Zone Access Egress
- Work Zone Safety for Motorcycles and Bicycles
- Work Zone Traffic Incident Management
- Working at Night
- Working Outdoors
Website: Link to URL
Select LMS courses are now available for beta testing. Please note that all course material is subject to change upon final approval from FHWA.
Topics: Access; Accessibility; Bicycle Safety; Falls; Heavy Vehicles; Incident Management; Motorcycle Safety; Night Work; Pedestrian Safety; Portable Changeable Message Signs; Speed Control; Temporary Traffic Control; Traffic Control Devices; Work Zone Safety; Worker Safety