This podcast is a companion to the Safe and Effective Work Zone Inspections guidance document. Its purpose is to explain the importance of work zone inspections for saving lives, reducing cost, and protecting against liability. This podcast also introduces some of the elements necessary for a successful project-level work zone inspection.
- The importance of a work zone inspection program
- Improving safety and maximizing mobility
- Ensuring compliance with applicable plans, policies, and standards
- Reducing agency risk (including contractor disincentives)
- Who’s who: roles and responsibilities
- Project-level inspections — considerations, activities, and risk management.
Podcast (.wav file)
The audience for this podcast is State and local DOT staff charged with developing and maintaining an overall temporary traffic control inspection program, owner-agencies and contractors who are responsible for implementing TTC plans, field staff responsible for ensuring compliance with TTC plans, as well as those tasked with regular inspections at the project level. Utility and contractor employees involved or interested in improving worker and motorist safety through proper work zone traffic control inspection may also benefit, gaining a better understanding of the value of project-level TTCD inspections.
Publication Date: 2015
Website: Link to URL
Record Types: Podcasts
Topics: Inspection; Temporary Traffic Control