The U.S. Department of Transportation will host the webinar to discuss the advent, progress, and future of the Work Zone Data Exchange (WZDx) project. Webinar presenters include representatives from the FHWA, Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, ITS America/CIG Communications, and a WZDx Demonstration Grant Program Project.
Highlights from this webinar will include:
- A definition of “work zone event data” and how is it integral to managing work zone activity on roadways
- Information about WZDx and a description of how it functions as a mechanism for simplifying collection and communication of work zone event data
- Benefits of a national strategy for managing work zone event data and an outline of Federal initiatives like the Work Zone Data Initiative (WZDI)
- Discussion of pilot projects funded through U.S. DOT demonstration grants
- An introduction to the Put Work Zones on the Map awareness and partnership campaign
- How to get involved with WZDx, the benefits of involvement and available resources such as the Work Zone Data Working Group