This two-day course addresses the purpose and procedures for conducting a work zone road safety audit (RSA). This course introduces the concept of a formal safety performance examination of an upcoming or current work zone by an independent, multi-disciplinary team.
- Understand the scope of the work zone safety problem in the United States.
- Understand the differences and similarities between a work zone RSA and a traditional work zone inspection.
- Identify the most applicable candidate projects for a workz one RSA.
- Build a multi-disciplinary work zone RSA team.
- Conduct a work zone RSA.
- Present work zone RSA findings to the road owner, contractor, and inspector.