This is the primary course for all personnel involved in the design, layout, and maintenance of traffic control devices on public roadways. Upon successful course completion, students will receive a certificate of completion from UTA’s Public Works Institute and a Qualified Flagger wallet card valid for a period of 3 years.
Course Content Includes:
- Appropriate safety measures for a work zone
- Typical temporary traffic control devices
- Components of a typical work zone
- How to lay out buffers, tapers, advance warning areas, and termination areas
- Planning the location of traffic control devices by preparing simple traffic control plans (TCPs)
- Proper use of hand signaling devices and flagging procedures